Carnegie Speech is committed to protecting the privacy of information you provide through Carnegie Speech's website, located at www.carnegiespeech.com (the "Site"). We are providing this online privacy statement ("Privacy Statement") so you know what information we collect through the Site and how we use it. By using our Site, you consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement. Carnegie Speech reserves the right to change the provisions of this Privacy Statement at any time as described in the section entitled "NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES" below. We will provide notice that changes have been made by indicating on the Privacy Statement the date it was last updated. That posting will constitute Carnegie Speech's notice of any changes to this Privacy Statement.
The Information We Collect
In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The personal information you do choose to provide to us enables us to provide you with better service generally. We may use this information to contact you to respond to an inquiry or comment that you send to us through the Site. We do not collect any personal information on this Site unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Personal information may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, native language, recordings of your voice or other information that identifies you personally. Some of the ways we may collect personal information on this Site include when:
- you provide comments or question to us through this Site;
- you register at this site to use our products and services;
- you provide your voice through our website to utilize our voice-related products and services;
- you make online purchases;
- you request support for a Carnegie Speech product; and
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers or marketing materials)
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information to customize and optimize products, services and information that you request from us or that we provide to you. Personal information that you provide to the Site (such as a personal e-mail address) may also be used in the following ways:
- To contact you about your use of the Site or about our products and services;
- To request feedback about the Site and our products:
- To enable us to develop and improve the Site and our products and services;
- For internal and marketing/promotional purposes;
- To create and maintain your accounts;
- To answer your questions;
- To register you in programs (per your request);
- To communicate with you about your use of products;
- To send you information;
- To send you surveys; and
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
In some instances, we remove individual identifiers from the personal information you provide through this Site and use it to create aggregated information. We use this information to improve the design of and develop new features for this Site and our products, and to monitor usage of this Site and our products. For example, we may create this information to determine the most and least frequently requested pages, or the number of Site visitors by region.
Carnegie Speech Company gives you the ability to access, modify or update certain of your information at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided.
How We Share Information
Carnegie Speech will not sell, rent or otherwise provide personal information you provide through this Site to outside marketers without your prior consent. Personal information collected on this Site may be shared with third party contractors and other service providers whom we have retained to perform various functions on our behalf. These third parties are required by us to use or disclose this information only as necessary to carry out the services they are performing on our behalf, or as otherwise authorized by law.
We also use or disclose information as necessary to:
- Correct technical problems and malfunctions on this Site and to technically process your information;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Site;
- Notify you about important news concerning Carnegie Speech;
- Notify you of new products and services, product updates, technical support issues, events and special offers we think you may be interested in;
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide services, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement);
- Make the Site easier to use;
- Help us customize content most relevant to your interests;
- Protect our rights and property as well as the rights and property of other users of this Site;
- Take precautions against liability;
- Meet legal requirements as determined by law or to respond to judicial processes; and
- Provide information to law enforcement agencies for investigations on matters related to public safety, as applicable, to the extent required under other provisions of law.
We employ various security measures to protect the information stored on our systems from unauthorized access, alteration or destruction. The information you provide while on this Site may be archived and stored for backup purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used to store non-personal information used to manage your website experience such as your type of web browser. A cookie can also store preference information to customize your website experience.
Web beacons are small bits of computer code that help manage a website or e-mail such as to count how many people visit a web page or open an email.
Cookies and web beacons help us understand how consumers use our Site and e-mails so we can design better services in the future.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- For Netscape Navigator: http://wp.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
Links to Other Web Sites
For your convenience, our Site may contain links to other websites not maintained by Carnegie Speech. If you use these links, you will leave our Site. We have not reviewed these third-party sites and do not control them. Carnegie Speech does not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies. Carnegie Speech does not endorse or make any representations about them or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to our Site, you do so at your own risk. You should carefully review the privacy statements of these websites.
International Data Practices
Carnegie Speech may use technical systems that cross borders. Personal information collected on our Site may be transferred across state and country borders and stored or processed in the United States or any other country in which Carnegie Speech, its subsidiaries, affiliates or contractors maintain facilities for the purposes of data collection, storage, and customer information management. By using our Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country of residence.
Notification of Changes
If we should make material changes to this online Privacy Statement, we will provide notice of any such changes on the Site and provide the effective date of those changes. Carnegie Speech reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If we decide to make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes in an updated Privacy Statement so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under circumstances, if any, we disclose it. The effective date of the last revision is always posted at the bottom of the Privacy Statement. This posting constitutes Carnegie Speech's notice of any changes to this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement whenever you visit our Site to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using our Site or any of our online products, you signify your assent to this Privacy Statement.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, the Site, our products or Carnegie Speech's privacy practices generally, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our postal address is: 2425 Sidney St., Pittsburgh, PA 15203 USA and our phone number is 412-471-1234.
Effective Date: August 6, 2009